Saturday, February 27, 2016

Plum Perfect (Maybelline) and Cherry Bomb (Wet n' Wild)

Hi guys! This is my 4th review on my beauty blog site.

In this blog, I am going to have 2 main products: Plum Perfect from Maybelline and Cherry Bomb from Wet n' Wild. These two products are my favorite dark lipsticks. The reason why I wanted to review these is because they are a bit similar in shade, but different in texture and longevity. I wanted to share my thoughts on both lipsticks.



 Plum Perfect - Maybelline

Application: Plum Perfect glides smoothly on my lips. In my opinion, it's easy to apply because it has a slight creamy texture and it is easy to control.

How it feels on my lips: This product is creamy and smooth. I feel like the creaminess of this lipstick provides moisture to the lips.

How it looks on my lips: It looks a bit messy on my lips because I didn't use a lip liner. This product has a nice satin finish. The color is slightly dark.

Longevity: This product lasts a long time on my lips. You do have to reapply after eating or drinking water because the color fades.
The lipstick is a bit darker in person (Check the swatch below): Plum Perfect from Maybelline

Smell: This lipstick smells like a cookie dough. In my opinion, the smell of this product is a bit strong when you first apply it on your lips.


Packaging: I think the packaging is very nice. The cap's color and 'feel' corresponds to what the lipstick looks and feels like. (If you have these Maybelline Lipsticks, you'll understand what I mean)

Where I bought it: SM Mall of Asia, Philippines




Cherry Bomb - Wet n' Wild

Application: Cherry Bomb is a bit difficult to apply. It doesn't glide smoothly on my lips. I just don't feel comfortable applying it. I suggest you use a lip balm/ lip moisturizer before you use this lipstick.

How it feels on my lips: This lipstick is very drying. BUT if you apply lip balm first, it wouldn't feel super drying (Do you get what I mean? :)) )

How it looks on my lips: Color pay off is amazing. This is super
Cherry Bomb from Wet n' Wild
pigmented. Cherry Bomb lipstick looks like it belongs to the dark red/burgundy family. In my experience, it looks better if you apply this lipstick using a small lip brush so that it wouldn't be messy, but if you apply it straight from the tube, it's fine too.

Longevity: This is super long wearing. It is going to stay on your lips 'FOREVER'. In my experience, it fades a little bit after I eat, but I don't really need to touch up because the color is still there.

Smell: This product has no smell (which is a big thumbs up for everyone... do you agree? :) )

Packaging: This product has a cheap packaging.

Where I bought it: My cousin gave this to me. I am not sure where she bought this particular one, but there's a wet n' wild branch in Robinsons Manila.


I hope this review helps you pick your slightly dark/ dark  lipstick!

xoxo,
Camille

Pictures:

Swatches: Plum Perfect (Left); Cherry Bomb (Right) WITH NO FLASH

Swatches: Plum Perfect (Left); Cherry Bomb (Right) WITH FLASH

Cherry Bomb (Left) and Plum Perfect (Right)



Transfer Test







No comments:

Post a Comment